35 new cases of Coronavirus have been found in Malta in the last 24 hours, health authorities said on Sunday.
33 people meanwhile have recovered from the virus, meaning that the number of active cases on the island has increased by two to 668, after a decrease yesterday.
A total of 2,173 swab tests were carried out in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of swab tests up to 173,276.
Authorities said that today’s cases are still being investigated, however provided details on the cases found on Saturday.
They said that from yesterday’s 31 new cases, 9 were family members of previously known cases, one was a direct contact of a known case, three were work colleagues of a positive case, and another one was from the Paceville cluster.
The new figures mean that a total of 1,612 cases of Coronavirus have been found since the first case of the virus was found in Malta on 7 March.
Out of those, 934 have recovered while 10 have died.