Thirty-one new Coronavirus cases were recorded on Friday, while the patients who were declared as having recovered was 47, health authorities said Saturday.
For the second day, the number of new cases was lower than the number of new cases, and this led to a reduction in the number of active cases, which is now 666.
In all, 2,310 swab tests were carried out on Friday, for a total of 171,103.
The total number of cases registered in Malta since 7 March is 1,577, with 10 deaths.
The total of recoveries is now 901.
The health authorities said that today’s cases are still being investigated.
From cases recorded yesterday, eight were family members of previously known cases; three were direct contacts of known cases, two were work colleagues of people who had tested positive and another came from the Paceville cluster.