A Maltese pet-owner has raised the alarm over potentially acidic puddles in a picturesque Qormi valley after his dog was left with first-degree burns.
Cole is a six-month-old French Bulldog who was out for a walk with his owner Jeremy Grech and a friend when he decided to run through one of the many puddles along the route near Tal-Ħlas Pumping Station, Qormi.
Cole was left with burns to his paw, legs, testicles, and chest.
“He’s out cold now, and he’s taking it like a champ, only reacting when I put ointment on his burns,” Grech said. “And shout-out to Vet Victor Vassallo and the staff at Vetcare San Ġwann for taking care of Cole quickly and carefully.”
Since the incident, the Water Services Corporation said they were investigating the liquid. Nothing is being ruled out right now, be it from a spillage or from something dumped in the valley.
But Grech wants to warn pet-owners to be extra vigilant when walking their dog in the area.
“We’ve put a post online with a pin location warning people walking their dogs to avoid the puddles, because you just don’t know what it could be,” he ended.